We offer several types of Ketchikan fishing charters for cruise ship passengers as well as our clients who are staying in town. All of our fishing trips are “private”, meaning that only your family or group will be on the boat. We do not add passengers to your boat, only you can do that. This allows us to tailor the trip to what you want, without conflicting interests. We want your experience in Ketchikan to be the best it can be. As always, if you are looking for a Custom Multi-Day experience we can build a trip just for you.
Half Day Salmon Fishing Charter – 4 to 5 hours
This is a great afternoon fishing trip for clients staying locally or for the cruise ship passenger wanting more than you get booking through the ship. We have excellent salmon fishing in the protected waters around Ketchikan.
This salmon fishing charter allows us to have the maximum amount of fishing time because we are usually fishing within 30 minutes of leaving the dock. I meet you at the ship and after a short walk (usually less than 3 minutes) to the boat, we’ll get underway. Fishing time is four hours, sometimes a little more if needed. I recommend fishing licenses be purchased online in advance to save time, but are available on board as well. We target King Salmon early in the season Pink Salmon in mid summer and Silver Salmon in Late Summer. We commonly land rockfish and occasionally a halibut on this fishing charter. Fish processing services are available that allow you to ship your fish back home. We provide snacks, drinks, all tackle and bait, as well as gourmet coffee on early morning trips. After the trip, we will return you back to your ship or if you have time we will drop your group off so that you can see Ketchikan on a short walk back to the ship.
$700 plus tax (1 to 4 anglers)
$175/person for each additional up to 6
On time Return Guarantee
Where do we meet?
- If you are coming by cruise ship, I will meet you as you get off the ship. No long taxi rides, busses, or shuttles. Just get on the boat and go fishing! Please try to be the first people off the ship as it only adds to your fishing time.
- If you are staying in town, I will meet you at the boat slip 30 minutes prior to departure.
What is included:
- Great Fishing Gear, all Tackle, and Bait
- Beverages and Snacks
- Arrangements for Custom Fish Processing
- Custom Fish Processing
- Fishing Licenses / King Salmon Stamps can be purchased onboard. Children under the age of 16 do not need to purchase a sportfishing license.
- Licenses can also be purchased Online in advance here: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.fgstore . This saves a lot of time the morning of your trip and allows you to enjoy the ride through Ketchikan instead of filling out fishing licenses on the way out.
What to Bring:
- Warm Layered Clothing / Raingear
- Proper Fishing / Boat Footwear
- Lifejackets for small children / infants.
- We have all the safety equipment that is required by law and then some. But, we encourage parents with small children to bring their PFD as sometimes it is difficult to fit every child. We want the trip to be fun for them too (not uncomfortable). In Alaska, “All persons under 13 years of age must wear a USCG approved life jacket while on the deck of a boat or in an open boat.”
Booking and Deposit Return Policy
- 30% Deposit Required to Book Trip (PayPal or Major CC)
- Payment in Full prior to Departure (Cash, Cashiers Check)
- Deposits are fully refundable if I cancel for any reason.
- Deposits can be transferred to another date (upon availability)
- Deposits are Fully refundable 30 days prior to trip.